Wednesday, September 11, 2002

God Bless America
Where to begin? Last year, I had my own personal tragedy during this nightmare. I was told my father had 3-5 days to live on September 7th, 2001 and rushed home to Pensacola. I don't think the enormity of the situation hit me as hard as everyone else. I am lucky since my father lived eight more months and I was able to discuss this tragedy with him in depth after that time. Sometimes, as educators, we are cautioned not to discuss certain issues with our students. However, as an educator I feel children should be given far more credit than we give. I don't want my children to be scared. I want them to be proud to live in a nation where they are free to express themselves. If my children ask me a question, I will answer it to the best of my ability. I pray for the families of those who lost their lives that they may find some amount of peace amongst all this uncertainty.