Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Well, the kids definitely know that Christmas is around the corner. I don't think they believe in Santa anymore since most of them must be on his naughty list, anyway. Really, they are just excited but they are about to drive me up the wall. I am glad to have a four day weekend!

I don't have much to do as far as Thanksgiving preparations. I just have to make broccoli salad and deviled eggs. That is the easy stuff. And I'm not complaining but do you think they are trying to tell me something? Supposedly my deviled eggs are the best...I think they just say that so I'll keep making them and no one else will have a smelly eggy kitchen.

For a couple of years now, my sister has done most of the work. She makes the sweet potato casserole (topped with pecans and brown sugar, not marshmallows), dressing, green bean casserole, and other surprises she adds each year. Bless her heart. I'm glad she can cook. My brother-in-law fries the turkey about an hour before we eat so it is nice and hot. My mother even said she isn't baking this year. Though she is making pineapples and brown sugar for sister and me because we won't let her out of it. We just top the Honey Baked Ham with it and it tastes just like mom used to make.

I am looking forward to putting the Christmas tree up this weekend. Tommy and I are supposed to go to the lake house on Saturday which should be interesting.

No comments: