Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A few weeks ago, I made a tomato pie. My mother watches the Food Network especially on the weekends and happened to see the recipe on Paula Deen's show. So she made one and told me how excellent it was. When she first told me about it I thought it sounded very strange. I watch Paula's Home Cooking occasionally and love her southern recipes. Well, the pie was a definite hit at our house. It may sound gross but it was a recipe I will be making again in the future. The only problem is I don't think the pie would be very good the next day reheated. So, we ate all of ours the night I made it.

In other cooking news, we are planning our Second Annual Bake-A-Thon this weekend. (It sounds fancy when I call it that!) So far, we are planning on Fruitcake Cookies, Oatmeal Crisps, Cornflake Wreaths, and a few candy recipes. The homemade Heath bars we made last year might sneak their way back into the mix, as well. We are baking at my house this year so hopefully Cousin Erica (hi, Erica) will come along to babysit the little one.

No comments: