Sunday, March 20, 2005

The wedding shower was yesterday and I should blog about the beautiful bride and how wonderful the games were or how nice it was to see family members. Even though all those things are true, instead I have to talk about the food. I made my pinwheels but Tommy's aunt made these:

Rock 'N' Rollers

4 (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup peach preserves
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup packed washed fresh spinach leaves
3 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast

1. Spread each tortilla evenly with 1 ounce cream; cover with thin layer of preserves. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.

2. Arrange spinach leaves and turkey over Cheddar cheese. Roll up tortillas; trim ends. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Cut "rollers" crosswise in half or diagonally into 1-inch pieces.


I think I ate a dozen or more. Aunt Frances told me the ingredients but I had to go searching on-line and found this recipe. Apparently they only used two spinach leaves because as they were rolling them the roll-ups started to get too fat and wouldn't stay together. That's good to know since I'll be taking these to the next party I attend.


Image © Publications International, Ltd.

No comments: