Sunday, May 08, 2005

My mother is the first person I call when my anxiety takes over. I have always been a worrier. When I was little, I worried about nuclear war, disease, something happening to my parents or sister, you name it. Now that I am older, I still worry about some of those same things...and I still call my mom. I'm too big to crawl up in her lap and cry on her shoulder like I used to. Instead, I just call her on the phone and she always seems to know when something is bothering me. I am sure that I have put quite a few grey hairs on her head, not that she has any ;)

I didn't really go through a rebellious stage. You know some teenagers who don't want to be seen with their parents? Well, that wasn't me. I was never embarrassed of my parents. They were actually pretty cool. But, when I used to come home a little later than normal, or would do something out of character my mom would always say..."You are going to see someday when you have children." Boy, do I ever know what she means. Poor Owen can't even drive yet and I'm already worried.

I want Owen to have the type of relationship with me that I have with my mom. I don't know how she did it. I should have taken better notes. So Mom, with all my heart I love you. Thanks for being there for me when EVERY ONE else would have given up. I hope I can be half the mother to Owen that you are to me.

No comments: