Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Diaper Shower Invitation

I know according to Miss Manners, you aren't supposed to make your own baby shower invitations. But my wonderful hostess, allowed me to make these for my Diaper Shower coming up in July. There just wasn't a suitable alternative available in stores for a second baby shower.

I scoured the Internet to find a paper diaper pattern. There are a couple available for free but not exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the invitations to close with a real diaper pin, as well. My sweet husband helped me sketch out this template and I'm pleased with how they turned out.

Update
To answer a few questions...
The words on the outside of the invitations are rub-ons from the Jo-Anns Essentials line. I printed the inside of the invitation on the 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and then traced my template after the words were printed.

I am having a "diaper" shower. Really, diapers are the only item we really need. When my SIL offered to throw us a diaper shower, I couldn't say no. I think every child should be celebrated and I'd hate to have pictures of Owen's shower, cake, etc. and no pictures for the new baby. Plus, it's a great chance to get together with family and friends! A new mom can never have too many diapers/wipees!

No comments: