Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yesterday, I hosted a St. Patrick's Day Celebration for my moms' group. It was a little chaotic with 12 moms, 12 toddlers, and 7 infants!


I made Irish Stew (really beef stew, since I'm not a fan of lamb) and shamrock cupcakes. The cupcakes were an idea from Family Fun (love that magazine & website!).
The only advice I have for the cupcakes is to be sure that the liners are between 1/2 and 3/4 full of batter before baking. I was nervous after reading the directions, but I shouldn't have been, they were incredibly easy. Definitely one of those ideas to file away for use every year!


I searched for two weeks leading up to the party for decorations. I ended up purchasing most of the goody bag/craft ideas from Oriental Tr*ding. I debated long and hard before purchasing the terra cotta leprechaun used as the centerpiece. He was a bit pricey and I also didn't want another seasonal decoration to store. In the end, I'm glad I decided to buy him! He definitely was an asset to the table.


I didn't get too many pictures of the party goers in action. I was too busy fixing drinks, manning the craft table, wiping up spills from the carpet, and refereeing the train table. I did get pictures of my two favorite party attendees, however.


Owen was a bit overwhelmed with all the extra children and hands on his toys. He never once got upset. He shared all his toys. I sure do love these little boys!

No comments: