Today my family came for a visit and my mom brought tons of food! My only contribution was Veg-All casserole and the pumpkin spice cake pictured above.
It was really delicious, super simple, and in the interest of full disclosure, it was made from A BOX.
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Spray bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Follow directions on box of spice cake mix, then add in one can pumpkin. Pour mixture into baking pan. Bake.
- Allow time for cake to cool, then remove from pan onto non-stick surface.
- Cut cake into thirds, evenly. You may wish to trim the edges (about 1/8").
- Place one section onto serving plate and frost with cream cheese frosting. Repeat with second layer.
- Top with third layer, but do not frost. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour sliced almonds over top of cake and drizzle with caramel.