Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Owen's 4th Birthday Playdate

Whew! We've been busy these last couple of days!

Owen decided a couple of weeks ago that he wanted a Scooby Doo party. I searched for cake and/or cupcake ideas. I even thought of letting the bakery make the cake so I'd have one less thing to prepare. But, I wasn't too pleased with the cake they offered. So I set out searching on the Internet and found many cakes made by artists far more qualified than myself. In the end, I opted to just purchase the cake topper and make the cake myself.

It won't win any prizes, but it at least made some sense, rather than just have Scooby and Shaggy looking scared standing in the middle of the cake. At least now they have a reason to be scared. Plus, it was a great way to put some scrapbooking supplies to use!
I ended up making cupcakes, as well, and we didn't eat this cake. I was too paranoid about the glitter from the paper ghosts/tombstones/haunted houses falling into the cake. I couldn't find any toppers for the cupcakes locally so I opted to use puffy stickers on a toothpick. The children could take them off and stick them on their shirts after they finished eating their cupcakes.

The birthday boy gets away with lying on top of the counter.
Blowing out the candle before Jack could.

Everyone gets a turn blowing out the candle because it's so fun!

Tomorrow night is Owen's official birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. He loves that place! I'm letting them handle everything (food, cake, even the treat bags). I'm all birthdayed out!

No comments: