Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bring on Christmas!

I always love to see how other people decorate their homes for the holidays. Plus, it's always fun to look back and see how I decorated our home in year's past.

I love this Christmas tree more and more every year. This is our third year with this particular tree (Wow, doesn't seem that long ago) and it's so much easier than our last tree. It's tall (9 foot) and VERY skinny. Our last tree was 7 1/2 feet, but it was huge, and the branches went all the way to the floor which really left no room for the presents. This one is pre-lit and I'll never go back to strings of lights, ever.

The Boys' Tree Poor little Charle Brown tree. Owen decorated it all by himself. I think Jack was napping. We just leave the lights on it and store it assembled in the attic. He has ornaments specifically purchased for their tree, but he found some in other places around the house. He's like a little scavenger decorator.

That's chalkboard paint on the walls behind the tree so please ignore the chalk drawings.

Over the kitchen sink. Yes, I'm a freak and very seldom open the blinds.

Now I'm off to look up how to make a paper airplane. Supposedly, daddy and grandpa have really mastered this skill and I'm lacking.

No comments: