Sunday, March 20, 2011

Been a little depressed these last few days. Friday, March 18th, would have been my dad's 75th birthday. I know that everyone who loves someone feels they left this earth way too soon, so I'm not alone in that way of thinking.

My father loved life! He was always whistling or singing or learning something new.

He believed in telling the truth so you wouldn't have to remember a lie later.

I could tell him how I truly felt, and we could agree to disagree.

When he was around, I always knew that I was loved.

He tried to protect us from rejection, from heartbreak, and at the end from the illness that would eventually take his life.

There's not a day I don't think about him.

It saddens me deeply that he will never know my boys. He would have loved them.

Speaking of those two little turkeys...


The boys played in their first ever t-ball game yesterday. They play on the same team and have been practicing for a couple of weeks now. I just have to say that some of those parents are a little too over invested in their child's t-ball experience...if you know what I mean. This is not a major league game we're playing here, people.

The boys' team won 26 to 24. Not that they really cared, they just were ready for a snack and some sweet tea. I was ready for a nap and a Tylenol.

I sure do love these two!

No comments: