Thursday, December 02, 2004

I'm finally getting around to posting the recipe for the Caramel Pecan Pie I made on Thanksgiving Day. I wish I had some right now. I used Werther's Caramels in mine. By the way, the credit for this recipe goes to all recipes.

Caramel Pecan Pie
1 9" unbaked pie crust (I used deep dish)
36 caramels
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup pecan halves

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, combine caramels, butter, and milk. Stir frequently over low heat. When mixture is smooth, remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour all into unbaked pie crust.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes.

No comments: