Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Comforts of Home

I am involved in another round of circle journals with sixteen remarkable women. I have been a part of this group of women for about four years now and I feel blessed to know each and every one of them. The first circle journal I received was a journal about the Comforts of Home.

My entry can be viewed in full here.

The full text reads:
"My home is a source of great comfort to me. I try to choose objects in my home which make me happy. I can remember pressing my nose against the glass of our family china cabinet when I was a little girl. I would stare inside at the small sugar bowl complete with spoon. When I grew up and had a house of my own my mother gave me that prized sugar bowl. It now sits on top of my china cabinet so little hands or clumsy husbands have to admire it from afar.

I love to scour flea markets, antique shops, and home stores for items to add just the right touch to our home. I know that "you can't take it with you" when you leave this earth, but having things in my home that remind me of my childhood or put a smile on my face is my definition of comfort."

No comments: