Saturday, April 23, 2005

(Sigh)
We don't have the DIY Network in my area despite my countless attempts at trying to persuade the cable company. Granted, I have just sent the form letter provided by the DIY site but still, I'm trying. So today, when HGTV aired the DIY show, Knitty Gritty, I had to tune in. Because I can't knit it was all foreign to me but still I was amazed.

"What do you do with mountains of spare plastic shopping bags? Recycle them, of course. Simply collect the bags, cut them into strips and knit. This knitted carryall is such an easy project once you're used to working with the different textures of plastic."

And I thought recycled shopping bags were used to carry out used cat litter, silly me. See Tommy, there is a reason why I am saving all those bags that fly out at you when you open the pantry.

No comments: