Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 4th of July

We celebrated the Fourth a little early with my family on Saturday. It was a combination celebration of Independence Day and my brother-in-law's birthday. Owen was a little scared of the fireworks but seemed to get used to it after a while.

I made this flag cake to take over to my sister's. We ended up eating it around ten that night. I had always wanted to make a flag cake but thought it would be difficult. Preparing the cake was extremely easy. The hardest part of it was the waiting. I used mini pound cakes from the grocery store and just cut them into thirds.

Sunday we went to the lake house to spend the night. We were just going to grill hamburgers and hot dogs. Instead we added fried green tomatoes, fried squash, and fried pickles to the menu. Monday morning we woke up and went for a boat ride on the lake.

I think I am going to the Farmer's Market today for some green tomatoes. I have been craving them since we had them on Sunday.

No comments: