Monday, July 25, 2005


My grandmother was an exceptional crocheter. I'm pretty crafty so I thought I would have no problem learning to crochet or knit. How hard could it be, right? I have picked up a crochet hook several times in the past attempting to try and learn. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent, albeit impatient person, and wondered why I could never quite get it right. I never had a problem learning the stitches my problem comes reading the patterns and putting the stitches together.

I think this is the third time in the past two years I have resolved to sit down and not get up until I have something to show for my hours of learning. One day I am going to sit down and write a book for the beginning crocheter. I seriously have five books in my possession and not one of them meets all the needs of a novice.

Drawstring pouch was actually made before the dishcloth pictured at top.

No comments: