Saturday, August 27, 2005

31st Birthday

(Shudder)
I don't know whether I'm shuddering at being 31 (where has the time gone?) or the embarrassing picture above. The picture is compliments of my favorite Japanese restaurant where apparently it is tradition to stand on your chair (I didn't want to but they made me do it) while being serenaded. If that's not humiliating enough, they have to snap your picture. I am holding a pineapple boat complete with umbrella which was delicious by the way. My family came to celebrate and we had a great time. Our chef was hilarious and I don't think we stopped laughing the entire time. I received some great gifts, too. One of my birthday presents, (thanks sister) was Egg Money Quilts which includes patterns from the 1930's. I could sit and look at it all day.

Which reminds me. I did miss quilt class last week and I am nervous that I am going to be behind. It doesn't look like Hurricane Katrina is headed our way but schools are cancelled for Monday here. Looks like if things go well, I'll be able to make it to quilting class on Tuesday and hopefully catch up.

No comments: