Thursday, August 11, 2005

Quilt Progress
Last week the 2 1/2 inch strips were cut and sewn together to make a new piece of fabric. With that done, I had to sew each piece of fabric (right sides together) to make a tube.

From that tube, I had to cut new 2 1/2 inch strips. Shown above. These are called rings. Next, I had to unsew (fancy word for "using the seam ripper" the rings for my quilt layout. Each ring is unsewn at a different place depending on the layout of the design. Since Trip Around the World is a diagonal design, it took a while for me to come to grips with this part.

To keep myself on track, I labeled (love that label maker) each strip from the center outward to the left. There are ten strips sewn together sewing pairs together at a time.

Each new piece of fabric will make one fourth of the finished quilt. I must make three more of these.

(Up close)

No comments: