Friday, October 21, 2005

Bunco

I spent the day (after quilting class) preparing for Bunco. It was my month to host and I decided a Halloween theme was best. Any excuse to decorate for Halloween... I had to buy three flower bunches to make the centerpiece. After some investigation, I found that the "mini pumpkins" I bought are actually Turkish Orange Eggplant. They were so cute I couldn't resist buying them and adding them to the arrangement.



On the menu: Taco Salad and all the fixings, Velveeta Sausage Dip, brownies, Halloween cupcakes, and Candy Corn Fudge. I stuffed little plastic cauldrons with snack mix since everybody loves to snack while they play.



The recipe for Candy Corn Fudge was found in Pillsb*ry's Haloween Recipe Booklet (found near the cash register at most grocery stores). I googled it and it can also be found here. For a more intense orange color, use 1/4 teaspoon orange paste icing color in place of the liquid yellow and red food colors called for in the online recipe. I made it the night before and it kept nicely in the refrigerator until time for the party.

Sadly, I didn't win anything except dirty dishes to clean up after everyone was gone. My sister graciously stayed to help clean up and lent me her cupcake stand.

No comments: