Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My wedding rings have always been a little loose, especially in the winter when my fingers shrink. I have been putting off getting them resized because sometimes they just fit so well. Plus, I think it would drive me crazy being without them for a week. But, I have finally decided it is time. The other day, I was in K-Mart (I know) and had a few pieces of trash to throw away. As soon as the paper slipped from my hand into the depths of darkness below, I felt my rings slip from my finger. I turned around and told the customer service rep behind the desk that I was fixing to go in the trashcan and hope she didn't mind. Thank goodness, the trash had recently been emptied and there was just some plastic and paper inside. It wouldn't have mattered to me what was in there, though. I was going after my rings!

That was a close call. Imagine if I hadn't felt them fall from my finger. I don't even want to think about it.

No comments: