Thursday, May 04, 2006

More than you ever wanted to know
Yesterday was definitely a day of waiting. I went in at 7:30 for the 3 hour GTT. Five blood draws and three and a half hours later, I made it to my hair appointment at 12:30 (after stopping by for a taco and a drink). I am happy to say that it was the fourth and LAST time I will ever drink that nasty orange drink (at least while pregnant)!

I decided, after three years with the same hair stylist, to switch back to my salon I used before moving to Texas. Evidently, I have a weird problem. My hair tends to turn a greenish color when it is time for new highlights. My old hairdresser would always ask me the same questions. Swimming? No. Well water? No. It's like I'm a freak of nature or something.

Well my NEW hairdresser was perplexed, as well. She decided to use a toner with red undertones to see if that would counter-balance the green issue. It seemed to work. I left the salon at 4:05! It has never taken that long to do my hair before. But, the end result was well worth all her efforts. She seemed to think the other stylist was using a toner with blue undertones, mixed with the bleach makes green, huh.

We'll see in three months whether her theory is correct. I sure hope so. I'd hate to walk around looking like The Grinch.

No comments: