Monday, November 06, 2006

La la la La
I'd like to be one of those moms who never turn on the television. One of those moms with an endless stream of creativity and knack for finding ways to entertain a toddler with a two minute attention span. Unfortunately that just isn't so. Despite all my promises to the contrary before both of these children came into this world.

I'm beginning to believe that only people WITH children should actually be able to mutter the words, "When I have a child, I'm not going to _____."(fill in blank) Because buddy, let me tell you, I am eating every word.

This brings us to this post. We're having an Elmo party. Because my child can spot "Melmo" from a mile away even on a cloudy day. He's also a lover of the Wiggles, Doodlebops (bop-bops), and Dora. So, as a responsible mother, how could I resist? Yes, I'm buying into the hype. No, I don't feel guilty about it one bit.

I'm planning on making the treat bags, complete with Elmo patches on the front. More of that a little later. However, I will not be making the cake this year. There's just something about all that red icing that just creeps me out. Plus, no matter what they say, I don't think all that red dye #34352353 is good for you. So, Baskin Robbins has graciously offered to make a cake if I'll put the figurines on the top. Apparently, they aren't licensed to deal with Elmo. Really, who is?

No comments: