Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trying to decide what to make for Thanksgiving. I know I want to make Veg-All Casserole to take to my sister's house for the afternoon. I'm still trying to decide on what to take for dessert. I'm also not sure what I'm making to take to Tommy's aunt's house for that Thanksgiving morning. Decisions...decisions.

I'm thinking I'll take a pecan pie. I use the recipe on the back of the Caro Syrup bottle and have for years. Tommy's granny's recipe is very different, so I think I'll step out of my comfort zone and try her recipe. Her pecan pies always had about an inch of jelly with chopped pecans inside the jelly and more pecans on top. But, we're talking about a lady who had pecan trees scattered all over her property.

I really need to drag her cookbook out more often. Tommy's aunt made us all a copy of her recipes one year for Christmas bound into a book. There are recipes for about fifteen different pound cakes including red velvet pound cake...who knew there was such a thing?

No comments: