Friday, December 19, 2008

Magic Reindeer Food

front & back


The boys handed these out at our Christmas Craft Playdate today. I totally stole this idea from Angie (who doesn't know me from Adam) at Chic n' Scratch. She's a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and I am not, which you can probably see in my attempt at her design. Since I don't have any of their products, I had to use what I had on hand.

She used a "Big Shot" die for her bag topper. I want a "Big Shot," but since my Sizzix is in the closet with seven layers of dust, I don't think I'd be too convincing at asking for one for Christmas. Anyway, I just started with a rectangular top, folded it in half and drew my curvy design to mimic that Big Shot die. It was pretty simple.


Just be sure not to fill the bags too full. It's a gesture, you aren't taking the reindeer to raise. ;)

Reindeer Stamp: Paper Inspirations (you guessed it, Hobby Lobby)
I just filled the bags with the cheapest oatmeal I could find (it's going on the ground and Santa's reindeer aren't too picky) and colored sugar sprinkles (to make up for the crappy oatmeal).

No comments: