Monday, December 08, 2008

Second Annual Cookie Swap

Last night was the Second Annual Cookie Swap at my house. There were ten participants this year and it was a great night with good friends and food.


I'm always impressed with the different ideas each participant has for packaging her cookies. We just set them all on the kids' table for distribution later.  Speaking of kids...

 

My contibution, Whipped Shortbread Cookies

Everyone also brings a dozen of her cookies to display and sample during the party. I guess I didn't get a picture of that. I was too busy eating and talking, I'm sure. (I snapped the picture above as I was cleaning up.)

 

We had (from left to right) Mexican Wedding Cookies, Coconut Snowballs, Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti, Ginger Snaps, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, Buried Cherry Cookies, Chocolaty Caramel Thumbprints, Whipped Shortbread Cookies, White Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies, and Dark Chocolate Candy Crackles.


 

ALL of the cookies were incredibly good. If I had to narrow it down to my two favorite cookies I'd have to pick these two. I think I'll try both of them next year during the Bake-a-Thon. The Chocolaty Caramel Thumbprints are just the right blend of chocolate and caramel. They sound rich, but they really are light and creamy. The Dark Chocolate Candy Crackles taste just like Thin Mints. Need I say more?

No comments: