Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sixth Annual Bake-a-Thon
Wow! We made nine different recipes this year. Some were old favorites and some were new recipes we'll definitely be making in years to come. One was an interesting idea, but not one we'll be making again, I don't think.


From left to right:
Simply Sensational Truffles, Sugar & Spice Black Pepper Cookies, Rum Balls, Peanut Butter Balls, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Cornflake Holly Clusters, Pinstripe Cookies, Top of Stove Cookies (AKA No Bake Cookies), and Cashew Brittle

A little closer look


 

I only have one rum ball because I only take one when we divide the cookies. I don't like them at all. That leaves more for my mom and sister since apparently they love them because we make them every year.

The Sugar & Spice Black Pepper Cookies taste way better than they sound. What an interesting mix of ingredients to end up with a cookie that tastes so very good. I'd definitely make those again. They are great cookies to accompany a cup of coffee, too.

 

Hmmm...Mexican Wedding Cookies, my favorite.

My niece made the Top of Stove Cookies and did a great job. Even though she spilled the cocoa all over my stove (just kidding, Shelby).

The Pinstripe Cookies were interesting to say the least. They are very pretty, but the mixture of flavors together left something to be desired. They are very cakey with only a 4 to 6 minute baking time. Tommy thought they were raw when he tasted them. I guess he likes his cookies a little crisper like I do. Each layer individually tasted fine,though. I just wouldn't put them together.

We had a great time baking together, as usual. Some of us needed a nap half way through and in the end, it was just me and Shelby finishing up in the kitchen. She even helped me start my cookies for the cookie swap. So, I forgave her for spilling the cocoa on the stove. ;)


Here are the links to past years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. You may have to scroll down for a few of them.

No comments: