Friday, November 11, 2005

Monkey Party Countdown Has Begun

These are the favor bags for Owen's party. The initials are just foam stickers that I kept around because I knew I'd find a use for them eventually.

Each favor bag contains a monkey complete with banana sucker, banana candy packets, monkey tote bag, and a monkey racer boat from our good friends at Oriental Trading Company.

It is difficult to see in the picture but on each ribbon is a hanging monkey from a miniature "barrel of monkeys" game. I think it adds the perfect touch! I also thought I would scatter these monkeys on the table to serve as confetti for the party.

Tomorrow my sister and sister-in-law will arrive to help with the cake, cupcakes, and cookies. I should be baking right now instead of sitting in front of the computer. I am going to attempt Martha's monkey cake and if all goes well make a miniature version for Owen to dig into.

For the party, we are having hamburgers, hotdogs, french fries, baked beans (made by my mother, delicious), potato salad and broccoli salad (sister-in-law), and my sister is bringing something delicious we just haven't decided what yet.

No comments: