Sunday, November 13, 2005

Monkey Party Update



The monkey party was a great success, I am happy to say. There were 35 people here and it really wasn't that bad. Owen wasn't overwhelmed at all.



I did manage to make two monkey cakes, one for Owen to destroy and one for everyone else to eat. I made Owen's just plain old white cake from the box. The large monkey cake is a banana cake (recipe from MS Kids) and it was extremely yummy.



I was worried that we wouldn't have enough cake to feed 30+ people so I made cupcakes. I saw these over on Myra's Blog a few months back and knew they'd be perfect for our party.



Favor bags for our little guests.


Fresh flowers are a must for every party. I didn't get any pictures with the digital camera of the cake table but it was pretty much decorated exactly like the monkey party in MS Kids. I even hung one of Owen's monkeys from the chandelier.

Caution: Not for the faint of heart. 
 Before
After

No comments: