Friday, November 18, 2005

To Owen at 12 Months 5 Days

I'm late, and I'm blaming it on the monkey party.

Daddy said you just fell into the sink while he was shaving. You giggled for twenty minutes while we frantically had to keep shutting the water off before it would get too hot. Finally, Daddy had to turn the hot water off under the sink so you could play without burning yourself and to buy mommy some time to get the camera.

Note: This is husband's vanity...please excuse the mess. He won't let me clean it, says I have my own vanity, hmmmrf!


I can't believe a year has passed. Where has all the time gone? I have to be very careful about not rushing your life and wanting you to accomplish new things too quickly. Because with each skill you master, that means you are growing up and growing farther away.



You are such a people person and so loving. You think that everyone in the store needs to talk to you and pay attention to you. Well, until that stranger comes a little too close for comfort, that is. The other day in the store, an older lady couldn't stand it anymore and kissed you on the hand and told you that you had her heart. Instead of appreciating the moment for what it was, mommy started digging for the wipes and Purell. Don't worry, I waited until she was gone to wipe you down.

Thanks to you, this has been, by far, the best year of my life.

No comments: