Monday, November 21, 2005

Winter Fun Quilt Progress
My Very First House Blocks


Although not really complex, I never thought I'd be making a quilt like this when I first began. So far, I have assembled 4 house blocks, 48 half-square triangles, 6 nine patch blocks, and the rail fencing. I have to work on the birdhouses today or I am going to be behind in quilt class this week.

Last week, we made traveling design boards. On one side there is flannel, the other side sandpaper. The sandpaper is great for laying out those fussy cut shapes (holds the fabric still to cut), the flannel for placing intricate designs so they stay put while waiting to be sewn. It is a simple concept, but so handy.

If I don't complete my homework, I wonder if my teacher will accept being "Lost" as an excuse? (Season 1...sucked me right in) I heart Net*Flix.

No comments: