Thursday, December 07, 2006

Finish Ornaments for Swap---CHECK
This has been on my list of things to do for two weeks now. Actually, things to complete since I never seem to finish anything. I searched and searched for an ornament idea and found one while browsing on the computer with Owen at the Clifford site a few weeks ago. Now, I see that these are all over the place. Great minds...they do think alike.

I have been collecting buttons for ten years. The obsession started at a flea market. An older gentleman was selling his buttons for something like 20 for a dollar. Tommy went over and asked him how much he'd charge for the whole lot of them. I think we walked away with all of them for five dollars or so. The man could have easily gotten much more.


I couldn't resist this picture. I love the colors all sorted. I usually store my buttons in gallon glass jars. It took me two nights of sorting to get enough buttons for my ornaments.

This is an actual wreath and it is mine all mine. Won't be sending this baby off to anyone. I took two ornaments and put them back to back. I then filled in the gaps on the outer and inner edges with more buttons. Love this!

Number 1

Number 2

Number3

Number 4

Number5

Number 6

Number 7

Number 8

Number 9

Now it's time to pack these up and ship them off to their new homes. Such a satisfying little thing...to finish something, finally!

No comments: