Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oriental Slaw (aka Asian Slaw, Cruchy Cabbage Slaw, etc.)

I'm going to be trying three different recipes in the coming days/weeks (depends on how quickly I tire of this slaw).

Recipe #1





  • 1 bag cole slaw mix

  • 1 small pkg. chopped almonds

  • 1 tsp butter

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

  • 1/3 cup white vinegar

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 2 pkgs. Ramen noodles (crumbled, uncooked, discard seasoning packet)

  • 1-2 tsp. soy sauce


  1. Toast almonds in butter.

  2. Smash noodles while still in packages. Discard seasoning packet. Do not cook.

  3. Combine almonds, noodles and slaw in large bowl.

  4. Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in saucepan, heat slightly.

  5. Pour heated mixture over slaw and toss.

  6. Place slaw in refrigerator for a few hours to chill.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I can't wait for the slaw to "chill" and I like the noodles as crunchy as possible. This slaw is delicious! I halved the recipe since I figured no one else in my house would eat it.


I had to put it in my new bowl, courtesy of my sister-in-law. I love my SIL...not because she buys me great bowls, either. Just because, she knows what I like! :)

No comments: