I'm going to be trying three different recipes in the coming days/weeks (depends on how quickly I tire of this slaw).
- 1 bag cole slaw mix
- 1 small pkg. chopped almonds
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pkgs. Ramen noodles (crumbled, uncooked, discard seasoning packet)
- 1-2 tsp. soy sauce
- Toast almonds in butter.
- Smash noodles while still in packages. Discard seasoning packet. Do not cook.
- Combine almonds, noodles and slaw in large bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in saucepan, heat slightly.
- Pour heated mixture over slaw and toss.
- Place slaw in refrigerator for a few hours to chill.
Personally, I can't wait for the slaw to "chill" and I like the noodles as crunchy as possible. This slaw is delicious! I halved the recipe since I figured no one else in my house would eat it.
I had to put it in my new bowl, courtesy of my sister-in-law. I love my SIL...not because she buys me great bowls, either. Just because, she knows what I like! :)